Procter & Gamble celebrated the holiday season in the December edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on November 24 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted Swiffer, Dawn and Febreze SKUs under a "tidy-ings of joy" message. The cover also boasted of up to $86 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within. The first interior spread continued the seasonal activity, spotlighting SKUs from the aforementioned brands and Bounty. An "joyful holiday savings" theme echoed throughout the rest of the FSI event.
Elsewhere in the event, a winter-themed, full-page FSI promised consumers a $15 mail-in rebate with cumulative purchase of $50 worth of qualifying P&G personal care product from brands including Pantene, Secret, Pampers and Always. Running Sept. 29 to Dec. 31, the offer was also spotlighted in last month's brandSaver.
P&G additionally gave a full-page FSI to The Art of Shaving, for the first time spotlighting the high-end male grooming SKUs in the insert and encouraging consumers to "gift the ultimate male grooming experience."
In additional seasonal activity:
- Cascade highlighted its dishwasher detergent SKUs and promised "holiday-cleanup in a snap."
- Bounty and Charmin joined for a half-page FSI, encouraging shoppers to "stock-up and save for the holidays."
- Gillette Venus used a half-page FSI to shine a spotlight on its SKUs under a "my skin. my way. my holidays" message.
- Crest invited shoppers to "unwrap the fun this season & save" while spotlighting Walt Disney Co.'s Frozen 2 and Star Wars licensed merchandise from Oral-B and Crest.
- Always and Tampax used a half-page FSI to plug its SKUs under a "Merry Savings" message.
- Olay elevated its personal care SKUs under a "may your days be merry & your skin be bright" message.
In other noteworthy activity:
- A half-page FSI from Febreze dangled a BOGOF offer on its Unstopables SKUs.
- Vicks used an interior spread to share ways to "vaporize your cold" and spotlight SKUs such as new VapoShower, VapoPatch and FluTherapy products.
- An FSI on the back cover elevated Head & Shoulders SKUs, encouraging shoppers this winter to "moisturize you scalp & enjoy beautiful hair."
- Old Spice activated P&G's sponsorship of the National Football League in a half-page FSI encouraging shoppers to "get into the fresh zone" with Old Spice items.
Brands including Tide, Dreft, Downy, Bounce, ZzzQuil, Vicks DayQuil and NyQuil, Puffs, Align, Prilosec, Pepto-Bismol, Fixodent, Pampers, Pantene and Herbal Essences were also represented in the event.
See Related Updates below for retailer overlays.