The Shopper Marketing Coordinator assists the Promotions Marketing Manager in developing and executing retailer-specific marketing programs for key retail accounts with a focus on the Organic Valley brand as well as some duties relating to food service support. This position serves as a centrally located project manager partner to field sales associates, helping recommend and execute customized, strategic marketing programs. Additionally this person will collaborate with Regional Marketing Coordinators to help drive farmer & brand centric turnkey retail programs including both in and out-of-store initiatives, ensuring programs align with company-wide promotional initiatives. The perfect candidate will possess strong customer service skills and the ability to prioritize multi-regional initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding the key dynamics of assigned key customers including customer philosophy, demographics, competition, business goals, as well as external issues that affect the customers’ profitability.
- Working with the Promotions Marketing Manager and Sales, assist in the development and execution of custom in-store marketing programs to protect existing business and garner new; including demos, store specific shippers, farmer connected events/tours and staff education.
- Proactive recommendations to Sales and Category Management on how to best partner with retailers, including aligning retailer calendar sell-in and Interactive deadlines.
- Collect and analyze data from shopper marketing programs/campaigns/activities that will help guide overall programming for the greatest ROI and provide critical input to define success.
- Partner with the Regional Marketing Coordinators to understand the regional scope of retail initiatives and assist in creating a master calendar of events, including recommendations.
- Owner of master retail calendar and communication to key stakeholders of overall events.
- Work with other CROPP departments (Category Management, Interactive, Public Relations, Farmers in Marketing, Creative, etc) to ensure optimum integration and support for campaigns.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of tactical pieces of retail programs
- On-site coordination of in-store events including staffing, as needed.
- Serve as the brand steward in all communications.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and document meetings as assigned.
- Working with departmental Administrative Assistant, code and track Shopper Marketing spending.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing focus
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Works well in a team environment
- Familiar with experiential, social and mobile marketing at retail
- Adept at recognizing, adapting and responding to changing retail conditions
- Comfortable with general retail level data measurement methodologies; familiar in both IRI and Nielsen frameworks
- Knowledge of FDM selling environment
- Understanding of the CPG retail environment and ROI focused
- Excellent analytical, and verbal and written communication skills
- Budgeting experience
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience maintaining electronic files
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Worked directly for a retailer/Whole Foods
- Knowledge of Natural channel selling environment
- Experience selling-in and executing store shippers including theme element alignment
- Knowledge of SPINS and MarketScope data
To apply, visit http://www.organicvalley.coop/about-us/employment/job-listings/ or contact Human Relations.
Email Human Relations: firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Organic Way
La Farge, WI 54639
Organic Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
- Consumer Brand Manager, Licensed Brands (Paula Deen, Farberware) May 9, 2013
- Brand Manager/Shopper Marketing May 2, 2013
- E-Commerce Shopper Marketing Manager at Kimberly Clark May 2, 2013
- Web Developer April 8, 2013
- Creative Director April 5, 2013