The Promotions Manager is a hands on role responsible for leading winning consumer promotion strategies and execution to drive the growth of the Organic Valley brand, including branded in-store programs in CPG channels, sweepstakes/contests, coupon programs, key account marketing programs, building distribution in high-profile on-premise accounts, event sampling, in-store demonstrations, and sponsorships. This person will be responsible for developing the vision, scope, structure, and tactical plan for Consumer Promotions within the overall Organic Valley Marketing department to meet current needs and anticipate the future requirements of our fast-growing, competitive business. Additionally, this person will be responsible for overseeing the Regional Marketing plans and Coordinators in four remote markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the development and execution of promotion strategies and tactics, and in-store activities, and marries these with the promotional needs of individual products and the brand.
- Provides expert consultation on consumer promotions to product managers and other members of the Marketing team.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates processes to facilitate effective management of consumer promotions project timelines in coordination with Graphics/Print Production, Creative, Legal and other departments.
- Drives strategic direction and oversees management of the coupon program in conjunction with Sales and Category Management
- Tracks, measures and reports the results of consumer promotions and sampling programs; maintains an archive of past promotion and program results to guide future decisions and forecasts.
- Supports product managers in forecasting and assessing post-event ROIs.
- Reports on competitive consumer promotion activity and implications for OV brand and products.
- Serves as lead on regional marketing initiative by providing direction, input, review and evaluation of regional marketing plans.
- Oversees the work and professional development of the Regional Marketing Coordinators, Promotions Marketing Coordinator and Shopper Marketing Coordinator by monitoring progress and setting quarterly objectives.
- Develops reporting processes for Regional Marketing Coordinators to facilitate work flow, and ensure regular, thorough, and timely stakeholder communications between Organic Valley headquarters and regions.
- Leads vendor selection and relationship management in conjunction with Organic Valley’s Production, Graphics departments and Brand team.
- Leads the process of partnership development with mission-aligned CPGs for consumer programs and promotions.
- Responsible for coordination, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the department/team and creating a positive climate where people want to do their best.
- Communicate performance expectations by evaluating performance, providing timely feedback, training and coaching and recommending personnel actions for assigned staff.
- Ensure compliance with policies, safety procedures and fair employment practices.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Departmental budget management and oversight.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or Management required.
- Minimum of 5 years related Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) retail experience.
- Solid understanding of marketing strategy and tactics.
- Dairy, beverage, food or other consumer packaged goods industry desired but not required.
- Creative Skills: The ability to think out of the box (in a way that makes out of the box seem in the box) when approaching all aspects of interactive activities.
- Resourcefulness to improvise and adapt to deal with daily challenges via creative problem solving that would make a crime scene detective proud.
- Project management experience including P&L/budget management
- Communication Skills: Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required. The incumbent will present to diverse audiences, work cross-functionally for results and collaborate with external partners. Enthusiastically champion support for projects and ideas that drive existing brands and new business development
- Analysis, strategic thinking, creative thinking, team leadership, planning, organizing, problem solving skills.
- Passion for understanding consumer behavior
- Management or supervisory skills, including management of remote employees preferred.
- Outstanding organizational skills to ensure tight deadlines are met both internally and externally.
- Ability to work in a team environment, to get along with others and with management both internally and externally.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of time.
To apply, visit http://www.organicvalley.coop/about-us/employment/job-listings/ or contact Human Relations.
Email Human Relations: email@example.com.
One Organic Way
La Farge, WI 54639
Organic Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
- Consumer Brand Manager, Licensed Brands (Paula Deen, Farberware) May 9, 2013
- Brand Manager/Shopper Marketing May 2, 2013
- E-Commerce Shopper Marketing Manager at Kimberly Clark May 2, 2013
- Web Developer April 8, 2013
- Creative Director April 5, 2013