The Shopper Marketing Manager will be a key member of the Shopper Marketing Department responsible for developing an advanced shopper marketing capability by applying our confection demand landscape to consumer marketing execution under Insights Driven Performance (IDP).
* Develops integrated marketing solutions that leverage insights to unite Hershey’s brands with our retail partners to delight shoppers and trigger demand.
* Serves as the primary owner of the Value Strategy and its strategic advancement.
* Provide thought leadership behind Insights Driven Performance (IDP), HSY’s proprietary approach to “Path to Purchase” in the Confection Category.
* Responsible for leading strategic business analysis and insight development against top categories brands to drive customer volume and profit growth. Fully understands the analysis of information and can apply buying dynamics of a customer’s shoppers and customer specific consumer research to selling situations.
* Builds internal knowledge base by partnering with retail customers' marketing departments and/or market research, etc. Works with research teams (HSY & customer) to understand what insights are already available, and develops a learning plan to close knowledge gaps.
* Collaborates on ways to effectively concept test ideas with shoppers. Leverages consumer and shopper insights to develop and validate relevant initiatives.
* Leverage shopper segment and trip mission insights for both Seasons and Everyday components of the business to build superior category growth strategies.
* Collaborate with sales teams and customer stakeholders to identify profitable and sustainable opportunities consistent with brand strategies/equity; seek internal alignment and approvals that meet/exceed deadlines and support.
* Establish success metrics to measure and track shopper marketing initiatives; evolve programming components to increase ROI under a continuous improvement mentality.
* Provides business intelligence and insights to internal team members for managing ongoing market, competitor and trend data gathering activities. Works on complex problems in which analysis requires an evaluation of intangible factors of variance.
* Participate in key customer appointments; help coordinate key customer planning meetings; develop meaningful relationship with the customers’ marketing department.
* Support goal to manage and deliver customer P&L including providing recommendations to improving efficiency of trade, waste and shopper marketing investment.
* Position requires 20%-30% travel and will be based out of Hershey, PA.
In addition to Bachelors Degree requirements we are seeking the following minimum qualifications:
* 8+ years experience in Brand Marketing and Sales. Minimum 3 years of Brand Management.
* Understanding of Brand Marketing strategy with knowledge of media, consumer custom research, and shopper behavior.
* Customer facing experience and MBA strongly preferred.
Interested candidates can contact Kristen Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. In order to be considered for this opportunity candidates must apply to this position online at www.hersheysjobs.com
- Consumer Brand Manager, Licensed Brands (Paula Deen, Farberware) May 9, 2013
- Brand Manager/Shopper Marketing May 2, 2013
- E-Commerce Shopper Marketing Manager at Kimberly Clark May 2, 2013
- Web Developer April 8, 2013
- Creative Director April 5, 2013